2018 Fast Facts for Jacob’s Ladder
- 2018 marked the 27th year of encouraging intellectually gifted, at-risk middle school students
- 400 students have attended since the program’s inception
- 61 Climbers began the 2018 program
- Families make a commitment for their child to attend for 4-years
- Climbers reside across Virginia with 50% coming from rural and 50% from urban areas
- 25 teachers instructed for the 2018 summer program
- 15 Residential Advisors mentored Climbers throughout the summer camp
- $2,900 is the cost for 4 weeks of residential summer camp
- $1,325 provides Year-round advocacy/follow-up and special gatherings
- $4,225 covers one year, per child
- Total for a 4-year investment in one child is $16,900
- 94% of Climbers enter college, 6% enlist in the military or start their own business
- $14+ million in scholarships have been awarded to Climbers to date
- New program for 2018, mentoring the Climber graduates throughout high school in their College and Career choice.
Climbers currently attend or are graduates of: Duke, University of Texas, Mary Washington, Christopher Newport University, Smith College, University of Richmond, Stanford, Yale, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Brown, Dartmouth, University of Pennsylvania, University of Chicago, Boston University, Georgetown, James Madison University, Old Dominion University, College of William & Mary, UNC – Chapel Hill, University of Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth University, and Virginia Tech (among others).